Happy Birthday, Toronto!
Happy 182nd birthday to our city! I love this city, the people in it and everything there is to do in Toronto. Tonight we found a local meditation class and this weekend we will be will be hitting the AGO for Family Sundays!!
I thought I would share 10 interesting facts about our beautiful city, Toronto. Some of them I had no idea about either.
Did you know that:
- Toronto is the capital of Ontario.
- Toronto is the largest Canadian city!
- The Toronto Zoo is the largest in Canada with over 16,000 animals.
- The coldest temperature ever recorded in Toronto was -31.3C on January 4, 1981 (Yikes!).
- The Toronto PATH is the largest underground pedestrian system in North America.
- Toronto is considered to be one of the most multicultural cities in the world. Woot woot!
- Over 21 million people visit Toronto yearly. Not surprised!!
- Toronto is the home of some famous peeps, including Jim Carrey, Mike Myers and Eugene Levy!
- The city of Toronto started off as York, the capital of Upper Canada in 1793.
- There are about 10 million trees in our city! Who knew?!?
Ps - my awesome Toronto tee is from Peace Collective!