Miami is Always a Good Idea
If you have been to Miami then you can probably agree that "Miami is always a good idea!" Every year we try and make a trip there to see friends, enjoy the beach, food and lifestyle. We decided that on route to Colombia for my cousin's wedding, we would make a quick stop in Miami because ... why not?! Although it was a short stay, it sure was a memorable one.
Miami in 48 Hours
With only a couple of days in one of our favourite places to visit, we made the most of every minute. We made sure to stay at the best hotel, Loews Miami, and try and hit up all the must-sees in less than 48 hours. We weren't able to do all our fave hot spots because this trip is a whole lot different with two kids in tow, but still fun nonetheless. Most people think Miami is for the pool parties and night life, but there's lots to do with the family too!
5 Easy Things To Do With The Family In Miami
1. Miami's Children Museum - I never met a museum a kid didn't like! Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating here, but this museum is unlike the rest!
2. The Everglades - What an experience. We did this last year with Harper and she loved it! The airboat tour is unforgettable!
3. Hit the Beach - Miami beach is beautiful and you don't have to break the bank for this! Make sure you get a hotel that has it’s own private beach front, like Loews Miami!
4. Monkey Jungle - if we had more time, we would've gone for sure. This place is unique because the Jungle wildlife live there much as they would in their native habitats!
5. Pool Party - I'm not talking day parties like in your younger years, but you can still rent a cabana for the fam at your hotel and enjoy the Miami party life a whole different way. Order pizza to the cabana and chill out on your floaty! Loews Miami offers SOAK, which is the ultimate experience when it comes to daybeds and cabanas. Yes please!
Loews Miami IS Family Friendly
We decided to stay at Loews for so many reasons! Besides it being so beautiful, the hotel is actually VERY family friendly. From the SOBE Kids Club to the REC Room, you will not be disappointed. The Kids Club offers all kinds of programs and games - cooking, crafts, scavenger hunts and good ol' outdoor fun!
The hotel really caters to the family experience. There was always something for Harper to eat and do. Believe it or not, you can even ask for an iPad with headphones - fully loaded with the latest age-appropriate games and movies. The hotel offers baby friendly amenities as well. I asked for a pack and play and baby bath tub and it was in my room in a flash! If you want to read more about the family fun aspect at Loews Miami, click here.
We were lucky enough to have grandma and grampa with us, which meant the hubs and I could enjoy a little bit of the adult fun at the hotel, like drinks at the lobby bar or simply just chilling by the beach. Harper prefers the pool (something she did NOT get from mama), so we had some time to enjoy the ocean just the two of us!
I would highly recommend staying at Loews Miami Beach because it is in the centre of everything and even if you decide to just stay on the resort, you have 5 different restaurants to choose from (all of which are kid-friendly). There is just lots to do on site! FYI - the paddle boards, boogie boards and kayaks are part of the amenity program, so use them!
I should also mention that our room was great! If you decide to visit, upgrade to the suite! We did and it was worth it. It has a separate room for Noa to nap in and a separate living room for us to hang during those nap times! It even has two balconies with a view to die for!
Lastly, I love that Loews has a great workout facility, as well as offering yoga and barre classes!
We Love You, Miami!
It was a quick visit, but we will be back and we will definitely stay at Loews again. Now we are off to Colombia for my cousin's wedding. I can't wait to share this next adventure with you too!