Six Tips To Healthy Skin
I talk a lot about the importance of building a strong healthy lifestyle, but today I want to spend a little more time talking about the health of our skin. Let’s be honest, there is something to be said about a woman with beautiful, soft and youthful looking skin.
This post is dedicated to sharing my 6 tips to healthier skin – from what to eat to what skincare to consider. For me, I was never great at protecting my skin and I really started to see the effects of the sun over the years. This put me on a hunt to change my ways when it came to taking care of my skin and make it a priority as I do taking care of my mental and physical health.
Six Tips for Healthier Skin
1. Get Your Sweat On. That’s right, exercise helps nourish our skin cells, so go ahead and sweat for your skin’s sake!
2. Get in Those ZZZ’s. I know this can be challenging for the new mamas, but sleep is key to bright and vibrant skin. It’s not called “beauty sleep” for nothing. Lack of sleep results in poor circulation, which is why after only a few hours of sleep we look pale and worn out. Bring on the eye concealer!
3. Drink More Water. If you do, you will notice a big improvement in blemishes. Water also assists in transporting nutrients and oxygen to your skin cells, as well as preventing dehydration, which can cause early aging of the skin. No thanks.
4. Sanitize your Smartphone. Period.
5. Nourish Skin From Within. There are so many different foods that support healthy, glowing skin. Consider walnuts (contain omega-3 essential fatty acids), sunflower seeds (loaded with Vitamin E) and pomegranates (packed with polyphenol antioxidants).
6. Swear by SPF! Slathering on sunscreen (not just in the summer) is the easiest way to prolong healthy and beautiful skin. Look for one that provides both UVA and UVB protection.
Let’s Talk About S-U-N
Tip #6 is a crucial one that we tend to forget, but shouldn’t! Did you know that 90% of skin aging is caused by the sun? SPF is now a major part of my healthy skincare regimen! I’ve partnered with Olay to talk more about the importance of everyday sun protection. In fact, there are two Olay products that are staples in my routine:
This All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 provides 48 hours of long-lasting hydration, plus sun protection. My skin is loving the all-day moisturizing benefits – ultra dry skin is a thing of the past now! It’s also lightweight, oil-free and not greasy, which is unlike most other SPF-based products. What’s more, the key ingredients include anti-oxidants vitamins E, B3 and C, all of which condition our skin’s surface!
Olay Regenerist offers UVA/UVB protection while also providing anti-aging benefits! Yes, please. It has been proven to reduce the appearance of fine lines and improve skin’s texture and firmness. You will even notice brightening of the skin. I was one to always complain that my skin looked so dull. I could possibly blame late nights, early mornings and plain old mom life, but Olay Regenerist has changed the game. Plus, there are some big hitter key ingredients that truly support healthy and glowing skin, namely Vitamin B3, Amino-Peptide, OliveM and Sunscreen Actives.
Healthy Skin Starts with SPF
I know motherhood isn’t easy and some days make us feel like we have aged 10 years. Sun exposure also doesn’t help and we should be more and more diligent with protecting our skin against harmful UVA rays. I am a big fan of Olay Regenerist and it has become a staple in my skin regimen especially because of its anti-aging properties. I will not leave my house in the morning without it.
There may not be a fountain of youth available, but always keep in mind that the food we eat, the things we do and our skincare routine, specifically including SPF as part of our daily regimen, can all help to keep our skin healthy, young and fresh.